Friday, September 28, 2012

Media Arts Skill Set's

 I have always tried to stay involved in many aspects of video, sound, graphic and 3d imagery. Some of the programs that I have learned are:

Pro Tools- I built and ran a recording studio based around a Pro Tools setup back in the early 2000's. I would consider myself pretty adequate in editing as well as recording, although I haven't used the software in a few years!

Final Cut Pro- I have been using this software since it's introduction in 1999 or 2000. Before this I used media 100 which was a hardware based platform. I also occasionally used the Avid system at my job. With Final Cut, I would consider myself very good. I plan on taking the certification program offered by Apple so that I can pick up work as an editor.

After Effects- I have been using after effects for quite some time as well. Originally as just a text generation plug in, but now for full special effects, masking and keying. I use this program probably more than any other software because the ease and quality of the finished compositions look amazing. I would consider myself pretty good at this program as well.

Photoshop- I have also been using Photoshop since I believe version 3 or 4. The days when creating an alpha was more than just exporting as a png, when you really had to mask out! I am very comfortable in Photoshop and would love to take the cert classes for this as well. I am very efficient.

Illustrator- This is one program that I use, not as often as I should and plan to do more tooling around with. If I need to create vectors or re-draw, this is my tool of choice, I just don't have the time to play around with it in my free time. For this reason, I feel I am way less comfortable in AI than in PS. I am ok though, not great.

Maya- I am learning the 3d world on my own and it is coming together pretty good. I am still learning how to edit nurbs and be more efficient but in time I will grasp it totally.

Nuke-  I am just learning this program. I will have to update this as I go!

Poser- I am pretty good at using poser to create and layout 3d scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment